2012年3月6日星期二

RC Car

RC Car

If someone would have told me two years ago I would be racing Electric Powered  1/8 scale buggy’s and truggy’s along with Nitro’s for 30 min races I would have told them they had lost their mind.  However with the amazing
car1
Advancements in electronics have made this not only possible but a reality.

 Brushless motors and Lipo Batteries have come far enough to make the machines not only work but be competitive in the racing world.  Currently the market is flooded with every manufacture offering a conversion kit for the 1/8 scale nitro lines.  Up and coming it is now leading the way releasing one of the first purpose built lines of 1/8 scale EP class buggy and truggy.  The G-Force  line is leading the way for many more to come and they have set the bar high for others to follow.  I picked up this new Truggy Rep and instantly noticed how balanced it felt compared to other converted Truggy’s I have driven.  The balance is nice and even side to side do to the side by side battery setup.  This is the only Truggy designed like this and it makes the difference on the track.  Another plus to this setup is it allows everyone who runs
car2
1/10 scale to used their batteries that they already have.  You’re not forced to buy very pricy 4S, 5S or even 6S lipos to get this truggy running.
It also comes loaded with features that any racer will love.A complete CVD driveline with a true centered differential unlike all the nitro converted competitors, 3mm 7075 aluminum chassis, 5mm front & rear shock towers, big bore shocks with two sets of springs, front and rear aluminum chassis braces, aluminum battery hold downs, CNC one piece motor mount  and a modular servo receiver tray all make for a very clean setup.
  I couldn’t wait to get this truggy out on the track and see how it handled.  I was headed out to the Colorado State Championship race and figured it would be a great track to test this new truggy out on.  I was very impressed with the handling of the truggy.  It soaked up the bumped and put the power to the ground without a lot of wheel spin.  Another thing that I instantly noticed was how well it turned.  Most of the 1/8 truggy I have driven have not had very good steering and tend to push through corners.  This truggy seems glued to the track and handled the tight
car3
I couldn’t wait to get this truggy out on the track and see how it handled.  I was headed out to the Colorado State Championship race and figured it would be a great track to test this new truggy out on.  I was very impressed with the handling of the truggy.  It soaked up the bumped and put the power to the ground without a lot of wheel spin.  Another thing that I instantly noticed was how well it turned.  Most of the 1/8 truggy I have driven have not had very good steering and tend to push through corners.  This truggy seems glued to the track and handled the tight
 turns effortlessly.  I must say in my opinion this is a solid Truggy platform for beginners all the way to competitive racers.  I would not hesitate to run this truggy during the race season.  During testing I didn’t break a single part and didn’t notice any week links in the design.  On the testing day I ran the truggy with the stock electronics package that would come with the RTR version.  The speed Control and 2000kv Feigo motor surprised me with their performance.  The hottest I tempted the motor at was 156 after about fifteen minuets in 90plus deg weather.  I have since tested the model with a Tekin RX8 and the performance side of this truggy came right out.  This truly is a great way to get into 1/8 EP off-road.  As a race roller or RTR platform it will allow you to be competitive out of the box.

Article and Pictures by Jeff Bettis

没有评论:

发表评论